Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Elder Lindquist 9/29/10

So this last week was pretty crazy. Elder Seraim is getting transferred to be the Branch President and train down in the Algarve. Last weekend our mission broke the record for baptisms in one week (for many years) and we were super excited about that. The mission had 22 baptisms, the mission is starting to progress and go to the next level. Something we have been praying for for a long time. We had an interesting week, I can't even remember half of the things that happen but I just know that we are always running around, either teaching lessons or doing things for the mission. I like it because I don't have any free time to think about home or anything so subsequently I am not trunky, (at least not super trunky) the rest of my group went home yesterday which was kind of surreal. Transfers were fun. We went out to Chili's because it was Elder Seraim's last few days in the office. My new companion is Elder Butler and he's from Chicago. I'm excited to work hard these last six weeks it will be a great transfer. We are working with some good investigators, especially a Brazilian family of four. Please pray for them that they can have the desire to be baptized. The dad’s name is Márcio the mom is Lucimar, (she reminds me of mom a lot) and Arieni and Rafaiela. Things are going good it is getting colder here. We won’t have four elders in our house this transfer so that will be a change. Oh! Pray for our bishop to stop being stubborn and allow his 9-year-old daughter to be baptized. Yes you read correctly... he still hasn't baptized her. But other than that all is well. I'll talk to you all later!
Love, Elder Lindquist

No comments: