Monday, August 2, 2010

Elder Lindquist 8/2/10

Wow this week was incredible! By far my favorite week since I've been here on the islands. Monday night I went to Lisbon and Tuesday we had our meeting with Elder Teixeira and the zone leaders, it was really cool. My favorite part was the interview that we got to have with him after the meeting. He is an extremely loving and genuine person and a very spiritual man. I really enjoyed that meeting. Then on Friday we had our zone conference and the other elders from the other island stayed with us for a couple of days (which is always a blast). And the zone conference was really edifying, we had more great instructions from Elder Teixeira and his wife who I enjoyed talking to, (she let me have it when I told her how often I write in my journal. AHH it's so hard!!) She is an extremely nice lady I felt like she was my mom from Portugal, (well... one of many). Then on Saturday we had Francisco's baptism!!! It was wonderful! He is such an awesome guy and has made so many changes to do what is right and you see the new light he has in him. He is a completely different person now than he was two months ago. The sisters also had a baptism so both Elder Mclean and I got to baptize some one. It was a great day and the spirit was strong. That night we had a fireside with President Torgan and Elder Teixeira and it was great. Then on Sunday we had the confirmations, along with a bunch of changes in the leadership in the branch, (which was sorely needed.) we got a new ward mission leader. Bruno, our best friend here that was the first counselor is now our leader so we're super excited to get to work with him. I'm starting to see a change in this branch. It's kind of like the Miratejo but it's taking a little longer but soon enough we will make it there. I loved this week it was great. So today we are going to a place on the east part of the island that is called "as furnas" it is like Yellowstone but on an island. There's a bunch of hot springs and cool looking lakes. The islanders have a tradition here where they cook a traditional meal that's called "cozida portuguesa" in the ground. They put all the stuff in a pot and dig a hole and then it takes a few hours for the ground to cook it but I heard the sulfur after taste is delicious. Well I hope you have a great week.
-Love, Elder Lindquist

No comments: