Monday, August 23, 2010

Elder Lindquist 8/23/10

Wow what a crazy week! Well things are going well here in Lisbon. I can't even start to explain the craziness that went on. Leaving the island was super sad and hard to do, and a few of our recent converts cried. Which always breaks your heart. It was cool to go there with Elder Mclean and leave with him. Thursday there were 20 new missionaries that arrived in the mission! It was fun to do the orientation meeting and see all the new scared, tired, anxious faces. Oh if they only knew what lay ahead of them. We are always running errands and many times have to wake up early and go to bed late, but I like it a lot. My companion is the best! He’s the coolest Brazilian you will ever meet. His name is Elder Seraim. He's planning on attending BYU in the future. Our area is huge and quite ghetto. The heart of Lisbon is really old and beat up. We work in a lot of poor African barrios. We were able to mark an African lady named Marlett on Thursday and she was baptized yesterday. There are a lot of very humble poor migrants here. Driving is great, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I'm a little nervous when Elder Seraim gets transferred in six weeks then I'll have to know where to go all over the massive city of Lisbon. I'm in a triple right now with Elder Price, (one of my MTC comps) he will be leaving in 4 days along with a few others from my district to go to school. (they are pretty trunky) Our house here is probably the worst house I've ever seen. The first day we got here we spent hours cleaning it. Oh man, I can't wait to get out of that house, but every thing has its pro's and cons right? I just hope we can kill the rat that keeps pooping all over our food and silverware. Behind our house is basically a barn which cages full of rabbits, chickens, roosters, (that crow at 5:30 in the morning) and other fun friends that smell great! We have another companionship that moved into our house that we will share our area with. It has been a great week and there's always a lot going on so there's no time to sit and think about anything so that will help the time go faster. I had a good B-day. President Torgan took me out to lunch to Chilis the day before so that was great eating ribs and dessert. Then on my B-day we went to the massive shopping mall in Lisbon and ate some Brazilian BBQ and it was delicious. Thanks for the package Brazilians love beef jerky. Have a great week I love you all:)
-Elder Lindquist

No comments: